Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Home City




Christchurch is my home city in New Zealand. This is where I went to University and lived until I moved to Hong Kong in 2006. Christchurch is also known as 'The Garden City' because it is famous for beautiful gardens and parks.
Christchurch is the largest city in the South Island of NZ and has a population of 350 000 people, which is not very many people compared to HK!
The photo on the left is a photo that I took at Christmas time when I went back to NZ. It is the Christchurch (or Chch for short) Botanic Gardens, which are very beautiful. The building you can see was once the Head Gardeners house but now it is a restaurant.
I like Chch very much, even though it can get very cold in the winter. It usually snows but only about once or twice a year. I like it because it is very green and spacious.
The next photo is a fountain which is also in the Botanic Gardens, I took the photo one night when going for a walk.

My last photo for this post if of the famous Christchurch Catherdral which is in the centre of the city. It is a popular place for tourists to visit, and you can climb the stairs all the way to the top, I have done it and it makes you very tired but you get a great view from the top.


3 comments:

Shirley Chan Lin Ching said...

Your home city is very beautiful and your photos are nice too. I learnt about New Zealand from the movie, 'Lord of the Ring' and from my Geography book when I was in Secondary school. And I am always longing for visiting the wonderful scenery. Thanks for the sharing.

Shirley Chan

Kiki Au said...

Your house is beautifil!

kelvin said...

Your house is so beautiful!